tips for your first meeting
It is sometimes difficult to establish a new professional relationship. Below are some discussion topics to help get your mentorship relationship started. It is not required that you follow these topics, as they are just an assistance tool.
- Introduce yourself!
- Mentors: Talk about where you are in the recruiting cycle and the accounting program, your prior job experiences, and how you've obtained these positions.
- Mentees: Talk about where you are in the recruiting cycle (if known) and in the accounting program, and explain what type of career you would like to pursue.
- Determine each other's expectations & goals!
- What do each of you want to get out of this relationship?
- What do you expect from your mentor? From your mentee?
- Be realistic in your expectations of each other and the semester.
- Determine a time/location for your bimonthly meetings.
- Determine the best form of communications!
- Exchange phone numbers & email addresses.
topics regarding your career
topics regarding networking